Photo credit: facebook.com/socialmediamarketingworld
Conference environments trigger ideas, enlighten you about the latest trends, and most of all, expand your knowledge base with a wealth of information to support your marketing, branding, and business growth goals.
Conferences also provide invaluable networking opportunities. For me, networking is not only about what I get out of it; it’s also about the insights I, as a blogger, can pass along to you, my Iyobu audience.
A favorite conference of mine is Social Media Marketing World (SMMW), presented by Social Media Examiner. SMMW is held annually in my own hometown of San Diego, California. The next SMMW conference will be held March 1–3, 2020.
Not having to pay for travel (apart from a drive downtown) makes it more affordable for me. However, for many solopreneurs—who have to consider registration along with travel and lodging expenses—taking advantage of a conference may not be within reach.
I’m going to share some ways you can attend SMMW—or any conference, for that matter—at appreciable savings or even for free.
As a marketer and blogger, I find conferences invaluable
I have had a fulfilling career in marketing and creative services in the corporate sector and as an entrepreneur.
I have experienced failure and achieved many successes. My foremost guiding principle for success has always been continuous education. Mine comes from mentors, articles, travel, listening, reading, and, most importantly (and enjoyably), conferences.
I have participated in conferences as an attendee, a speaker, and a panelist. Regardless of my role at a conference, I always find it an invaluable learning experience, whether I’m sharing my marketing, branding, and business growth expertise or learning from others via networking.
Social media marketing is the primary marketing method for solopreneurs, and the number one go-to conference is Social Media Marketing World.
SMMW does an excellent job of meeting my expectations with stellar keynotes, presenters, topics, and workshops tailored specifically around social media marketing. And you can’t beat the fact that it’s held in America’s finest city, San Diego.
Top 5 ways to attend SMMW on a small budget or for free
#1 - EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS
- When you register early, you can take advantage of significant discounts.
#2 PAYMENT PLAN
- You can select a payment plan to pay your registration fee over two months versus making the entire payment up front.
#3 DIFFERENT PRICING OPTIONS BASED ON YOUR GOALS
- All-access registration: Includes the keynote, all sessions, video tracks, workshops, networking parties, networking plaza, session recordings, and more
- Marketer registration: Includes the keynotes, all sessions, video tracks, and networking plaza
- Community registration: Includes keynote, video tracks, and networking plaza
#4 VIRTUAL TICKET
- Can’t attend in person? The virtual ticket is the next best thing to being there. You can get recordings of all sessions and workshops to experience at your leisure or share with teammates.
Note: Early bird discounts apply to all of the above, but don’t wait. Discounts decrease as the conference date nears.
#5 GET FREE REGISTRATION BY VOLUNTEERING
- While you are expected to work, there is ample opportunity to attend keynotes and sessions and to network, and you may even get a chance to meet your favorite presenters. To take advantage of this opportunity, contact SMMW now to apply as a volunteer. Registration opened in September.
Don’t let travel expenses or conference registration fees impede your success
With a formidable list of speakers, workshops, and presenters such as Jay Baer, Mari Smith, and Ann Handley, SMMW is sure to give you some remarkable tools to kick your marketing know-how up several notches.
Time flies, so get over to Social Media Marketing World at SocialMediaExaminer.com to review your options for Social Media Marketing World discounts today.
| Iyobu receives an affiliate commission as an affiliate partner with SMMW
@annhandley, @jaybear, @marismith, @SMexaminer #partner